Thank you so much to the ladies at Good Choice Reading for letting me blog here today! Currently I’m in the middle of a blog tour and have been talking a lot about the paranormal (since my current release is full of paranormal goodness) but today I wanted to talk about distractions because we all have them! Here are some things guaranteed to drive me to distraction when I should be working (in no particular order).
2. Twitter. I’ll get on twitter, scroll through my feed, see some cool links, click on those, get caught up in reading interesting articles or blogs and…a freaking hour has passed. An hour that I should have used writing. This actually extends to facebook too so I’ll combine FB and twitter into one giant distraction!
3. The phone. I tend to ignore my cell if I’m on a deadline but there are some people who when they call, I don’t ignore and they almost always call when I’m in the middle of a hot scene. I swear, it’s like they just know I should be working and are taking joy in distracting me. I should have more control and call them back later but sadly, I don’t. I blame caller ID.
4. Cleaning. This actually sounds like a good thing, but I can’t just clean one thing. And if my husband comes home and finds me cleaning like a crazy woman, he knows I’m avoiding working on a synopsis. I’ll tell myself that I just plan to fold and put up one load of laundry but that never happens. I’ll start putting my little one’s clothes up and then realize half the clothes in his drawer are too small and start cleaning them out. Then I’ll realize I need to dust his room which leads to the rest of the house. After that, sweeping and vacuuming inevitably follow and it just turns into this never ending thing.
5. My bike! This kind of ties into sunny weather, but when it’s nice outside, I love taking my bicycle out even if I should be working. This one isn’t actually a bad distraction because I enjoy it so much.
What about you? Do you have any activities or something that’s guaranteed to drive you to distraction? Two readers who comment on the blog today will be randomly selected to win a print copy of Alpha Instinct (US eligible only), the first book in my new paranormal series. Good luck and thanks so much for stopping by!
Alpha Instinct official blurb:
Fear has a scent. So does desire…
Ana Cordona has been a strong leader for the lupine shifters who survived after all the males and most of the females in her pack were mysteriously poisoned. As tough as she is, with no Alpha male, the pack is vulnerable to the devious shifter Taggart, who wants to claim both their ranch and Ana as his own. When Connor Armstrong comes back into her life, promising protection, it’s almost enough to make Ana forget how he walked out on her before—and reluctantly accept his offer to mate.
The minute Connor sees Ana again, it reawakens a raw hunger. He must have her for his bondmate—his wolf cries out for it. But his human side knows he must proceed with caution because of their complicated past. If he is to truly have her body and soul, he must go beyond his burning desire and win back her heart. Whatever it takes, he is determined not to leave her side again.
But Taggart and his rival pack are not their only enemies. A human element in town is targeting shifters. Their plan not only threatens Ana and Connor’s future, but the lives of the entire pack…
I’ve been reading romance since a young age—ever since I discovered my mom’s hidden stash. Luckily the addiction stayed with me into adulthood. I write paranormal romance and sexy romantic suspense for Carina Press, Harlequin Nocturne, and NAL/Signet Eclipse. To learn more about me please visit my website, my blog, facebook or find me on twitter @katiereus.
Thanks again for letting me blog here today!
To enter all you have to do is leave a comment answering Katie's question:
What about you? Do you have any activities or something that’s guaranteed to drive you to distraction?
- Must be 18+ to enter
- Make sure to leave a way to contact you if you should win.
- This giveaway is only open TWO DAYS only.
- Ends February 20th.
- US ONLY