1. Okay, I’m gonna say it because really it’s the one thing I will do at all times during this trip: Keeping my eyes peeled for any and all attractive fellas – because let’s face it, it’s New Orleans and it’s fun to imagine (*cough* fantasize) that the smokin’ guy in the dark clothes and haunted eyes you just passed on the sidewalk is not exactly human…
2. Sitting on a park bench in Jackson Square. Just sitting. Watching (see No.1). People watching in the square is like being in a candy store! I’m a true introvert and an observer more than a participator, so being in the center of all that diversity is good stuff and creative fodder.
3. Going to the front desk on more than one occasion to get yet another room key because a) I lost mine, or b) to be let into my room because said key has been left behind. *sigh*
4. The Saenger Theatre! Many of the places in my Young Adult novels (which are set in New Orleans), I have visited before, but the Saenger is a place I haven’t been to yet. I researched it relentlessly and fell in love with its Old World feel and amazing architecture.
5. Food, people. Food. I shall be eating and eating lots. You might even see me sweeping regally through the lobby with Po Boy in hand…
6. Oak Alley. Need I say more? Yes, yes I need to say more because I have been dying to walk down the oak-lined drive and soak in the aura of that house. We’re talking the same plantation featured in the movie adaptation of Anne Rice’s INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE. My camera is going to get a serious work-out on this trip!
7. The Pool. ‘Nuff said.
8. Swamp Tour. I’m going to make myself do this. I think. I worry because I know some tours bring alligators and snakes to show people. This will not be good. Remember ‘Snakes on a plane’? Yeah. They pull a snake out of a box, and you’ll hear the lady in the back yell: SNAKES ON A BOAT, SNAKES ON A BOAT!!!!! It won’t be pretty if I’m stuck on a boat with a snake. Okay, so maybe I should skip this one…
9. Magazine Street shopping. This is one thing I never seem to have time for, but I’m making time this year. I hear the shops are amazing and unique, and hey dropping a little dough into the local economy is always a good thing!
10. Stalking my favorite authors. :D Gonna have so many fan-girl moments -- makes me want to sing AWESOMMME.
So there you have it, ten rather random things off the top of my head. For those attending AAD NOLA, can’t wait to meet you! For those not, prepare for pictures/evidence of my debauchery afterwards. The timer is about to go off here in a few, so see ya and thanks for reading my post! :-)
Website † Facebook † Twitter † Blog
-- Thank you so much Kelly for stopping by today and sharing this post with us. Debbie and I cannot wait to get to NOLA! We'll be stalking authors right along with you! LOL
Check out Kelly Gay's Charlie Madigan series! The first three books are already out in bookstores, and the fourth book will hit shelves on July 31st!
(click on any photo to learn more)
Kelly is giving away a UK copy of her young adult novel A Beautiful Evil, which she writes under the pen name, Kelly Keaton.
Myth and mayhem inhabit a richly reimagined New Orleans in this sequel to Darkness Becomes Her.After the epic graveyard battle at the end of Darkness Becomes Her, Ari and her friends know what they’re up against: Ari is facing the Medusa curse and is haunted by the image of what she will become. To make matters worse, the heinous goddess Athena has kidnapped young Violet and is threatening to destroy Ari.
Ari, along with the superhot Sebastian, is doing everything she can to learn more about Athena and to get Violet back. But the battle of good and evil is bigger than she realizes, and she’s about to be pulled into a world more horrific than she could ever imagine....
To enter you must be at least 13 or older.
This giveaway is open international.
Giveaway ends May 25th.
Winner will be announced on our Facebook and Twitter page.
Simply follow the Rafflecopter below.