Author: Valia Lind
Genre: YA, Thriller
A weapon. A broken life. A humanity lost.
That is all Anastasia knows, that is all that she is. As an eleven-year-old, she witnessed her family's brutal murder and she's been on the run ever since. She's spent her life training and planning for the day when she can take her revenge.
Kallos Enterprises is a well respected corporation, set on improving the genetic structure of an individual. Or so they say. Anastasia knows, first hand, what kind of monsters lurk behind the pretty walls of those skyscrapers. Armed with combat skills and a beyond perfect memory, she heads to Chicago to uncover the answers to questions that plagued her for years.
After arriving in the city, she meets Logan, a boy from her past who changes all the rules. She doesn't remember him, but he remembers her. His position at Kallos Enterprises is useful, his presence is unnerving, and he makes her question everything she knows about herself to be true. If her perfect memory can't remember Logan, what else about her past is wrong?
Time is running out. Anastasia has nowhere to turn, but to trust the one person who's a memory she should have, but doesn't. With a madman threatening their every step, Anastasia and Logan must uncover the truths behind Kallos experiments and hope that the answers they find won't destroy the world forever.
Author. Photographer. Artist. Born and raised in St. Petersburg, Russia, Valia Lind always had a love for the written word. She wrote her first full book on the bathroom floor of her dormitory, while procrastinating to study for her college classes. Upon graduation, she has moved her writing to more respectable places, and have found her voice in Young Adult fiction. Falling by Design is her debut young adult novel. You can visit her online at www.valialind.blogspot.com or follow her on twitter, where she spends way too much time, @ValiaLind.
Website | Twitter | Facebook
INTERVIEW WITH VALIA
1. How did you come up with the idea for Pieces of Revenge?
- Being born and raised in St. Petersburg, Russia, I grew up with the history of the Romanov family and it has always held a special place in my heart. Even though Pieces of Revenge is not a retelling of that story, there are similarities that I couldn’t get away from.
- Back before Clarity by Zedd became popular, it was a freebie on iTunes. I downloaded it, listened to it about ten times, and knew right then and there that I wanted to write a story about THAT relationship. The combination of those two things brought me Tasia and Logan.
2. What scene was the hardest for you to write?
- I think the raw emotional scenes are hard for me, especially in this book, simply because they were so different from the scenes I was already writing. My mindset was on fighting and chasing and killing, then boom! An emotional scene to grow my character and I’m flailing trying to get myself out of the kill mode.
3. If there is one genre that you have not written in yet, but would love to try writing a book in that specific genre, what would it be?
- Right now? I’m obsessed with Urban Fantasy. I’ve been reading the Written in Red series by Anne Bishop and I want to write something like that for YA. It may or may not be my next project :)
4. What's the one piece of technology you can't live without?
- My phone. I need it, always. I keep notes on it, memos, and of course, all of the awesome social media. It’s basically my office at the palm of my hand.
5. And here’s are some random things about me:
- Cat or Dog? - BOTH!
- Knives or sword? - Knives
- Actual book or eReader - Book
- Snow or rain? - Rain
- Vampires or Werewolves? - Werewolves
a Rafflecopter giveaway