Welcome to today's stop in the Autumn Rose Blog Tour! Today's post features a guest post from author Abigail Gibbs.
- Almost all Sage lead vegan lifestyles. This is because their magic can be drawn from and given back to the earth so they are highly in tune with nature. This created one of the five fas, or a principle they live by, which is the ‘preservation of the balance of nature’.
- The same principles means the Sage are very green! No cars are allowed in the tiny, governing country of Athenea so they use horses and carriages instead for when their ability to fly isn’t practical, and they get most of the power that can’t be created or sustained by magic from hydroelectric dams. Forward thinking!
- Unofficially, the Sage and their monarchy, the Athenea, govern and have authority over the other nine kinds of magical dark beings and their respective dimensions. Nobody dares admit this though… and if you value your neck, never mention who is in charge to a vampire.
- Most Sage have dual citizenship. Although Athenea is the country at the centre of social and political life for a Sage, many are not born there and all Sage have the same rights as any human in the country they were born.
- Although Sage have embraced the modern world and its technology, they retain a strong identity when it comes to the court and its social calendar – and the best way to show off for a Sage is to be a good dancer! Sagean children are taught huge dancing repertoires from the day they start school, and annual holidays and celebrations are marked by huge pageants with choreographed dancing and gymnastics – a bit like cheerleading, but with less pom poms and more magic!
- The Extermino, a rebel faction and the Sagean monarchy’s enemy, didn’t name themselves. Extermino is a Latin word, meaning “I expel/banish you”, and was given to the rebels by the Sagean king, King Ll’iriad. The Sage are very proud and patriotic, and take great care to preserve their language, so using a non-Sagean word to term them was a very high form of insult. The Extermino have since reclaimed the word and now use it themselves.
- Similarly, one of the fas is “courtesy in respect to rank.” To show their distain, Sage never address the Extermino’s leader, chri’dom, with his titles, or capitalise his name. Amongst humans, he is jokingly dubbed ‘Voldemort’.
About The Book
By: Abigail Gibbs
Published by: William Morrow
Released on: 1.30.14
Series: The Dark Heroine #2
Purchase from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Add it to Goodreads
Autumn Rose has the chance to save the world she loves. But how much will she have to sacrifice?
Autumn Rose lives in a sleepy seaside town, but buried deep under the surface of her quiet life are dark secrets. Her grandmother is dead, murdered eighteen months ago, and the vibrant London social scene in which she was brought up is a world away. Even worse, at her new school she is shunned and condemned––all because of the swirling marks on her skin that prevent her from blending in with the crowd.
Then the appearance at her school of a handsome young man—who has the same curious markings as Autumn—sends her world into turmoil. Suddenly the marks are deemed cool, and Autumn is thrust into the limelight. But her sudden popularity brings danger as her secrets threaten to come to light. And then there are her recurring dreams about a girl who is about to be seduced by a very dark prince . . . and Autumn must figure out how to save her before it is too late.
Abigail Gibbs was born and raised in deepest, darkest Devon. She is currently studying for a BA in English at the University of Oxford and considers herself a professional student, as the real world is yet to catch up with her. Her greatest fear is blood and she is a great advocate of vegetarianism, which logically led to the writing of her first novel, Dinner With A Vampire. At age fifteen, she began posting serially online under the pseudonym Canse12, and after three years in the internet limelight, set her sights towards total world domination. She splits her time between her studies, stories and family, and uses coffee to survive all three.
Follow Abigai: Website | Twitter | Facebook