WANT A SIGNED COPY?
Seventeen-year-old Riven is as tough as they come. Coming from a world ravaged by a devastating android war, she has to be. There’s no room for softness, no room for emotion, no room for mistakes. A Legion General, she is the right hand of the young Prince of Neospes, a parallel universe to Earth. In Neospes, she has everything: rank, responsibility and respect. But when Prince Cale sends her away to find his long-lost brother, Caden, who has been spirited back to modern day Earth, Riven finds herself in uncharted territory.
Thrown out of her comfort zone but with the mindset of a soldier, Riven has to learn how to be a girl in a realm that is the opposite of what she knows. Riven isn’t prepared for the beauty of a world that is unlike her own in so many ways. Nor is she prepared to feel something more than indifference for the very target she seeks. Caden is nothing like Cale, but he makes something in her come alive, igniting a spark deep down that goes against every cell in her body. For the first time in her life, Riven isn’t sure about her purpose, about her calling. Torn between duty and desire, she must decide whether Caden is simply a target or whether he is something more.
Faced with hideous reanimated Vector soldiers from her own world with agendas of their own, as well as an unexpected reunion with a sister who despises her, it is a race against time to bring Caden back to Neospes. But things aren’t always as they seem, and Riven will have to search for truth. Family betrayals and royal coups are only the tip of the iceberg. Will Riven be able to find the strength to defy her very nature? Or will she become the monstrous soldier she was designed to be?
The Almost Girl is a richly imagined story of defiance, courage, and heart. It is the tale of a girl who finds her own way on her own terms, a girl who won’t let what she is define her, and a girl who will sacrifice everything she is for the ones she loves. It is a story of someone who eclipses her predestined fate to become something more … something extraordinary.
Would you like a signed copy of The Almost Girl by Amalie Howard?
I will be attending Amalie Howard's release party January 10th in Larchmont, NY for THE ALMOST GIRL. Amalie will be signing/personalizing copies of THE ALMOST GIRL for readers.
Now, we normally do these online sale events for readers who cannot make the event, but would really like a copy. Normally these things go smoothly, but recently I encountered an issue with someone (even though I do this as a favor), so I had to change things around a bit.
In my honest opinion, it works out best for you, and for us. :)
Please read the terms & conditions fully before getting your copy.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- All packages will be sent Priority Mail.
This means faster shipping for you, FREE tracking number, and your package is insured up to $50.00 if something should happen to your package.
- Good Choice Reading is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged mail. This is why we are sending everything Priority Mail.
- All payments are made via PayPal. There is a small $.50 cent fee to cover PayPal's fee.
- I will be purchasing these books through The Voracious Reader located in Larchmont, NY -- where the event is being held.
- All packages will be shipped to the address on your PayPal account. If your address is different, please send us an e-mail at OnlineEvents@Goodchoicereading.com with the correct address.
- You can have your books personalized via the PayPal button below. If you would just like a signature, just type "Signed".
- This is open to US ONLY. Unfortunately shipping overseas is just way too costly and there is such a huge process to ship outside the US. Sorry :(
- You can request a FULL refund as long as the book has not been purchased and SIGNED.
- If you have any questions or concerns please e-mail OnlineEvents@goodchoicereading.com.
GET YOUR COPY NOW!
Seventeen Magazine Summer Club author Amalie Howard grew up on a small Caribbean island where she spent most of her childhood with her nose buried in a book or being a tomboy running around barefoot, shimmying up mango trees and dreaming of adventure. 22 countries, surfing with sharks and several tattoos later, she has traded in bungee jumping in China for writing the adventures she imagines instead. She isn’t entirely convinced which takes more guts. She currently resides in New York with her husband and three children.
She is the author of The Aquarathi series from Harlequin TEEN (Waterfell and Oceanborn), The Almost Girl from Strange Chemistry, Alpha Goddess from Sky Pony Press, and Bloodspell from Langdon Street Press. She is represented by the Liza Royce Agency. Visit her at www.amaliehoward.comor on Twitter (@AmalieHoward).