Author: A.S. King
Release Date: October 22, 2013
Find it: Amazon & Goodreads
Free Preview of the first 14 Chapters: Amazon
Genre: YA | Fiction | Contemporary
Amazon † Barnes & Noble † GoodReads
Pre-order signed/personalized copies from Aaron's Books.
Gerald Faust knows exactly when he started feeling angry: the day his mother invited a reality television crew into his five-year-old life. Twelve years later, he’s still haunted by his rage-filled youth—which the entire world got to watch from every imaginable angle—and his anger issues have resulted in violent outbursts, zero friends, and clueless adults dumping him in the special education room at school.
Nothing is ever going to change. No one cares that he’s tried to learn to control himself, and the girl he likes has no idea who he really is. Everyone’s just waiting for him to snap…and he’s starting to feel dangerously close to doing just that.
In this fearless portrayal of a boy on the edge, highly acclaimed Printz Honor author A.S. King explores the desperate reality of a former child “star” who finally breaks free of his anger by creating possibilities he never knew he deserved.
Ten Random Things about A.S. King:
1. I have to wear men's pants because my legs are too long for women's pants.
2. I have a glow-in-the-dark Buddha on my nightstand.
3. I have not watched television in over 15 years.
4. I try to play Ping Pong every night.
5. If I had to choose one album to be stranded with, it would be The Jimi Hendrix Experience's Electric Ladyland.
6. I love wiring things. You know. Sockets, lamps, houses.
7. I had a perm in 1981. It was not good.
8. I haven't squatted since 1984 in order to save my knees. Not once.
9. When I was young, I had chronic nosebleeds that would last for hours.
10. I have assisted in a bovine C-section. It was a mix of interesting and gross.
Ten Random Things about A.S. King
1. Pet peeve? Misplaced apostrophes.
2. Guilty pleasure? Peanut Butter Capn' Crunch
3. Favorite book and/or author? Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
4. Hobby? Ping pong
5. Favorite season? Autumn
6. One fictional person you would like to spend the day with? Hawkeye Pierce from M*A*S*H
7. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be? Vietnam
8. Favorite color? Red for boots, black for shirts, blue for jeans.
9. Favorite food? Tortilla chips.
10. Favorite song and/or singer? Jimi Hendrix, 1983/Moons Turn from Electric Ladyland
A.S. King is the author of the 2012 Los Angeles Times Book Prize Winner, Ask the Passengers, Everybody Sees the Ants, a 2012 ALA Top Ten Book for Young Adults and Andre Norton Award nominee, and the Edgar Award nominated, 2011 Michael L. Printz Honor Book Please Ignore Vera Dietz.
She is also the author of the ALA Best Books for Young Adults Dust of 100 Dogs, an adult short story collection, Monica Never Shuts Up, and the upcoming REALITY BOY (2013). After a decade living self-sufficiently and teaching literacy to adults in Ireland, she now lives in Pennsylvania with her husband and children.
Website † GoodReads † Facebook † Twitter
a Rafflecopter giveaway