DON’T BREATHE A WORD by Holly Cupala
12 Days of Christmas Character Blisswww.hollycupala.com ~ www.dontbreatheaword.com
Two chapter sneak preview: http://www.dontbreatheaword.com/dbaw-preview.pdf
DBAW trailer: http://youtu.be/uP61zlerel8
In DON’T BREATHE A WORD, Joy runs away from home to escape a secret life of abuse and finds allies on the street: May, who has never been anything but homeless, is funny and caustic to cover up her vulnerability. Santos, on the run from the foster system, can talk his way out of anything…while burying his own secrets.
Since the theme is “We’re a Couple of Misfits,” I thought May and Santos would love to share their wish list.
May and Santos’ Misfit Christmas Wish List:
- X-ray night vision glasses, for spotting Maul and his gang. (May)
- An extradimentional pocket, for hiding stuff. (Santos)
- A new pair of haircutting scissors, since Santos effed up the old ones. (May)
- 100 feet of old fashioned red licorice rope. (Santos)
- My own copy of Little Women, by Louisa May Alcott. (May)
- My own copy of Of Mice and Men so I can return the one I swiped from the library. (Santos)
- A new pair of kickin’ boots, for kicking Maul out of my life. (May)
- A lifetime supply of warm, dry socks. (Santos)
- A safe place for my mom to live. (May)
- A safe place for May. (Santos)
Thanks so much, Damaris and Trini, for inviting May and Santos to 12 Days of Christmas Character Bliss!