Hardcover, 403 pagesExpected publication: May 24th 2011 by Candlewick Press
Willow knows she’s different from other girls, and not just because she loves tinkering with cars. Willow has a gift. She can look into the future and know people’s dreams and hopes, their sorrows and regrets, just by touching them. She has no idea where this power comes from. But the assassin, Alex, does. Gorgeous, mysterious Alex knows more about Willow than Willow herself. He knows that her powers link to dark and dangerous forces, and that he’s one of the few humans left who can fight them. When Alex finds himself falling in love with his sworn enemy, he discovers that nothing is as it seems, least of all good and evil. In the first book in an action-packed, romantic trilogy, L..A. Weatherly sends readers on a thrill-ride of a road trip — and depicts the human race at the brink of a future as catastrophic as it is deceptively beautiful.
I have a lot of mixed emotions when it comes to Angel Burn. When I first saw the cover and read the synopsis for Angel Burn, I immediately thought to myself "I need a copy."I finally got the chance thanks to NetGalley, and once I got it, I started it immediately. Now where do I begin? I honestly do not know how to feel about this book. Angel Burn to me, had me up and down. I found myself glued to the pages one minute, the next losing interest in the story. It was one of those books that, even though some parts just made me want to give up reading it, for some reason I just had to finish it and find out what happens next.
Here are my top favorite moments in Angel Burn:
- I found it very interesting the way L.A Weatherly twisted the whole world of Angels. In Angel Burn, the angels are not exactly who you want to make friends with.
- I really enjoyed L.A. Weatherly's writing style. It was very easy to follow and everything was explained really well.
- The characters are also very easy to relate too. Some of the things Willow experienced in her life, with family and friends, were very sad. She is a very smart and strong person.
- I am in love with Alex! He is super sexy, romantic and a fighter. Since he was eleven he was trained to be a fighter.
- Alex and Willow's relationship was very moving. The way they fall for each other, you can't help but go "Awe." I absolutely loved their relationship.
- The action in this book was a definite ten and VERY easy to picture. It was like watching a movie play out.
Now what I did not like about Angel Burn is that one minute I am reading and at the edge of my seat, the next I find myself a little bored waiting for it to pick up again. It did take me a couple of chapters to have my complete attention. In my opinion, I feel Angel Burn is more of an introduction to the world L.A Weatherly has created, and to her characters.
Will I read the second part, Angel Fire? Yes. I need to know what Alex and Willow do next and with the way it ended, I have a feeling the second part will be a lot more action and little less explaining.
Do I recommend Angel Burn? Yes, I do.
Originally I gave Angel Burn 3.5 stars, but after writing this review I have to say it is a 4 star. A good read.