Hardcover, 368 pages
Published March 8th 2011 by HarperTeen
(first published March 2011)
The fourth book in this electrifying vampire series has all the romance, suspense, and page-turning drama that have made Claudia Gray’s Evernight books runaway successes.
Having become what they feared most, Bianca and Lucas face a terrifying new reality. They must return to Evernight Academy, Lucas as a vampire and Bianca as a wraith. But Lucas is haunted by demons, both personal and supernatural. Bianca must help him fight the evil inside him, combat the forces determined to drive them apart—and find the power to claim her destiny at last.
Readers have fallen in love with Bianca and Lucas, and they will be thrilled to read this exciting conclusion to their romantic adventure.
SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT!
There is absolutely no way I can review Afterlife and not share spoilers. Don't say I didn't warn you! I will try my hardest not to include to many.
I decided to break down my review to the TOP Favorite Moments about Afterlife and What I did not like about Afterlife.
First, I have to say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE Claudia Gray's Evernight Series. Bianca and Lucas are one of my top favorite book couples and it breaks my heart to know that Afterlife is the final book in the series.
With that said, here is my TOP FAVORITE MOMENTS:
- I loved that Claudia Gray picked the book up right where it left off in HourGlass.
- This series does not lack mystery, suspense and action at all. Afterlife has delivered that once again.
- I am still very much in love with Lucas and Bianca's relationship. In Afterlife, you see that love really does conquer all. Lucas becomes what he hates the most and Bianca becomes what she fears the most, yet they refused to let that tear them apart.
- I wanted to cry at so many different points in this book because of Lucas. He really struggled with himself and tried his best to stay the same not just for himself, but for Bianca as well. There were so many times he thought he would lose himself, but he refused to let that happen and kept on fighting.
- I have officially gained a huge crush on Balthazar and I cannot wait for his story.
- In my opinion, all the characters in this series have progressed and evolved. They are all great and each one has come into their own at different points in the series, but in Afterlife I feel you get a complete picture of them.
- Claudia Gray did an amazing job with the story and everything runs so smoothly and is so easy to follow.
- You finally figure out what Bethany is up to and why she allowed humans to attend Evernight. You also learn a little of Bethany's past and why she is who she is. It helped me understand her better and her motives.
Did not like about Afterlife:
- Even though the book ends with a happy ending, I felt that it was a little rushed and wished it could have ended a little differently.
- I found Afterlife to be a little predictable. If you have read Evernight, Stargazer and HourGlass, you know that Claudia Gray always delivers an amazing TWIST! Afterlife did not have any shocking moments for me. At times I knew exactly what was going to happen next.
Overall, I give Afterlife 4.5 Stars, GREAT series and GREAT Finale to the series.